Like many people, you probably brush and floss regularly and visit the dentist twice a year for a checkup. You may think that’s all you really need to do to keep your smile in good shape. However, Cordova mouthguards from Arlington Dental also play a key role in preventing problems with your teeth, such as injury or damage to tooth enamel. A professional mouthguard will:
- Protect your or your child’s teeth while playing sports
- Eliminate nighttime teeth grinding that can damage your teeth
- Fit better than a “boil-and-bite” mouthguard
- Provide better protection and last longer than cheaper mouthguards
Call Arlington Dental for custom mouthguards: 901-445-8144. We’re conveniently located on Old Dexter Road, not far from Corky’s BBQ and Jerry’s Sno Cones.
Take Care of Your Pearly Whites With a Custom Mouthguard
At Arlington Dental, we want to do more for your smile than simply repair it when you have a problem. Dr. Whitlock and the rest of our team want to educate you and provide preventive services so you don’t develop problems in the first place. Custom mouthguards made by our lab partner are one of the ways we can help you keep all your teeth in place and maintain a beautiful smile.
We offer two basic types of mouthguards here. Our team will be happy to discuss all the details with you and answer any questions you have. Our professional mouthguards include:
- Athletic Mouthguards – The American Dental Association says that athletes who don’t wear mouth protection are 60 times more likely to suffer a dental injury. No matter what type of sport you or your child plays, if there are flying balls or other objects or a chance for contact with other players, a mouthguard should be worn to protect your smile.
- Bruxism (Teeth Grinding) Mouthguards – Many of us grind our teeth while we sleep, usually without knowing it. Bruxism can wear down your teeth over time, damaging the enamel and increasing your risk for cavities and discomfort. A custom mouthguard worn while sleeping will keep your teeth apart and help prevent long-term dental damage.
Don’t let anything bad happen to your pearly whites! Call Arlington Dental today at 901-445-8144 to find out more about Cordova mouthguards.